Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ég elska þig

When I travelled to the US in 2003, I met a man who told me that he wandered past a garage in Iceland one day, and did a double take. He thought the music coming out of that garage was particularly good, so he poked his head around and playing in front of him, was Dave Grohl. He was jamming with some kids, before he was due to play that evening.

That initial anecdote provided my interest in Iceland; further reading and stories maintained it.

So 7 years later, after hearing of the amazing creativity flowing like its geothermal pools, I will be heading to the northern most capital in the world, Reykjavik.

Terrifically excited, bumbling around like a child, deciding what to do in the short time I am there, I would like to make 100% use of what Iceland has to offer me. Of course, suggestions are welcome.

I like Vikings. I like museums. I like design stores. I like gigs. And books. And great coffee. And delicious food.I'm opening up to Reykjavik.

Takk.


NB: Apparently, this is a useful phrase in Icelandic, 'Svifnökkvinn minn er fullur af álum.' It means, 'My hovercraft is full of eels.'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails