Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chanel AW

If you've been reading this blog, or indeed if you know the inner-workings of what I covet, you will know that my ears prick up with any news relating to the French house of Chanel.

Creative Director Karl Lagerfield, has positioned the brand into the 21st Century, retaining Coco's original ideas of modesty, grace, sensuality and above all, tailoring. It does pain me to see fake chain bags hawking past from yet another unnamed high street retailer; I know trends are ripped off all the time, but this is like copying the most gorious of handbag hardware, one that has roots and class and all the goodness a ladies bag requires.

Though enough of my ranting on Chanel copies, this post is about some delightful news indeed!

The lovely Australian model Abby Lee Kershaw (below), has recently been announced to front Chanel's AW 10/11 campaign- a considerate feat for a 22 yr old Australian. Apparently, Lagerfield sees Kershaw as a 'modern beauty', and although I definately agree, I somehow did not consider her to be a Chanel lady. How I shall be proven wrong.

The campaign stars Freja Beha Erichsen and Brad Kroenig (excellent choices), and apparently features a considerate amount of fur (perhaps not such an excellent choice).


And just because I think he's a gas, here are some quotes from Karl Lagerfield. Mad-hatter that he is.

'What I hate most in life are people who are not really the peach of the day but who want to be young and sexy. You can fool nobody. There is a moment when you have to accept that somebody else is younger and fresher and hotter. Life is not a beauty contest.'

'There is a sort of melancholia which I find quite elegant after the 'bimbo years'.'
  
'Yes, some people say to me you're too skinny, but never a skinny person says that to me, only people who could lose a few pounds say that.'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails