Thursday, February 4, 2010

Young Hollywood


Vanity Fair's annual Hollywood edition sees the above bevy of beauties pose for Annie Leibovitz.

The cover features Abbie Cornish, Rebecca Hall, Anna Kendrick, Carey Mulligan, Amanda Seyfried, Kristen Stewart, Emma Stone and Mia Wasikowska. Interestingly, two Australians in the mix.

I loved Rebecca Hall in Frost/Nixon, though found her trying in Vicky Christina Barcelona. I am intrigued to see Alice in Wonderland, which Mia Wasikowska stars as the eponyomous character. Mulligan was pretty good in An Education, and Cornish was very comprehensive in Bright Star. Well, relatively speaking.

I'm not really one to praise actors, finding their endless ego driven pursuits (Emmy's, Oscar's, SAG's, can we stop...) pointless given the nature of their work is to entertain, not save the world. However, I do adore the Hollywood Vanity Fair issue; I suppose I enjoy the glamour that VF translates to the cover, regardless of it dripping from their subjects pores anyway.

I think this cover is lovely. Will I buy the magazine? Of course not.

2 comments:

beat said...

as has been commented elsewhere, it is an incredibly white cover

Fancy a dance? said...

Yes. Social commentators have agreed that the reason behind this is the VF demographic, though how are they to change whilst continuing the cycle?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails