Monday, December 7, 2009

New York City

February 2010 sees me head across the pond and land in New York City.

Although not my first visit (more on that in a sec), NYC will be seen through fresh eyes because I'll be going there to meet up with my family. My sister is doing her med internship there, and my mum will be heading out to experience the US for the first time. Oh, how we will laugh.

I was there in August 2003, off the back of a 2-month Summer camp 'experience' in Ohio. I did little research, instead carried myself around for 10 days, happy to go where the tourist track took me. Although I could see its merits, NYC didn't wow me like it should have and by the end of my stay, I was desperate to leave and get off the island of Manhattan- I felt claustrophobic.

This time around it shall be different. Along with taking my mum around (although she isn't one for museums et al,) I'll be perusing more relevant things like food halls, one of a kind clothes stores, music history venues and film sets. I want to see my NYC, not the NYC sold to overweight package deal tourists from Kentucky or Bristol.


So, having said that and on the eve of me constructing a bespoke NYC google map, if there is anyone out there reading this and has anything to offer, please drop me a comment. It will be much appreciated.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails