Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mad (about) Men

Who amongst us are watching Mad Men?

I have to say I had become absorbed by it, watching all three seasons in the same amount of months. I love the sexual power of the female characters, and the irony that it is their gender that renders them powerless.

Also noteworthy is the style, the elegance, all reflective of the time. When Don Draper snaps at a fellow elevator passenger who is still wearing his hat in the presence of a lady, my jealously jumps. Manners seem to be memories.
So I await season 4 in anticipation like no other TV series. What part will Joanie play in the new agency? Has Roger's affections transferred so early on in his marriage? What of Betty's soon to be acquired freedom? And Don, oh sort yourself out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails