Saturday, August 22, 2009

Get your craft on- thanks mum.

Feeling crafty and creative, I've become slightly obsessed with the idea of learning to crochet. Now I know 3 weeks ago I was obsessed with learning knitting, but i've turned slightly to the left and am now going down the path of Afghan spreads* in pastel colours, thrown across my bed.

So today I've been reading craft sites and researching my plan of making a monopoly of the crochet spread biz. I have to say, it doesn't look easy for someone with my craft inabilities (my mind thinks it, my hands sabotage it), though I have an inspiration-my dear mama.

Last year, my mother completed a throw that we didn't know she was still working on...

Because she started it 17 years ago!

I remember her toiling away at it, hooking those squares with patience, thinking as a ten year old she's going to throw the whole thing in the bin any minute. My mama doesn't have much patience, as dear as she is, I guess she knows what she wants and just doesn't like to wait so I guess when this blanket was revealed out of no-where, it shocked me to say the least.

Taking after Maria in the patient stakes, I now know that if she can do it, I can do it. And I know I'm crafty, I know I can do it, I want to do it, I'd love to do it.

OK, I'll stop with the psych-up and just say, yep I'm going to learn to crochet. YAY!

* Having come across a Cath Kidston throw retailing at 260 quid and deciding 'What a load of toads, I can do that!'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails