Thursday, April 23, 2009

Italia! Italia!

When I was about 16, my older sister and I used to watch Stealing Beauty religiously.

It was almost like a cinematic trainride out of the suburbs, transporting us to the magical Italian countryside where we could drink red wine elegantly and mull around an artist's colony whilst dabbling in a bit of romance.

I've been feeling the Italian pull lately, more so because I am within an hour's plane ride from all its gloriousness.

I say more so because of distance, though what I mean is more so because of the acres of meandering I shall partake in and the mountains of pasta and fresh tomatoes I shall ingest. And the fact that it seems like I would be able to dance in the Trevi Fountain or ride in fast cars, or sit under the shade and sleep with a smile on my face. In a word, relax.

Summertime is just like a drip in the arm, wouldn't you say?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails