Thursday, April 23, 2009

Beauty







I was so drawn in by these photographs.
And affected.

I can't look away.

American photographer Steven Meisel's editorial featured in Italian Vogue in July 2008, though not being a purchaser of said magazine, it eluded me until about a month ago. It is a narrative of beauties gone mad - shaving their heads (one model actually shaves her own head in a bathroom mirror), flashing their crotches while exiting their Town Cars, lolling around town in head-to-toe black with the heat bearing down.

Sound familiar?
As Italian Vogue goes, there's tasteful nudity, plenty of ciggies and above and beyond styling. Plus, it's friggin' 52 pages long.

I'm trying to ignore the fact that I'm so behind the style times. I'm just concentrating on the twisted, mental (no pun) brilliance. Some more images here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails