Monday, April 27, 2009

A + B

Focusing on the things that are most important can be lost when things are emotionally difficult. The negativity and excuses set like glue and before there is a chance to look up, one is stuck and seemingly struggles to unleash. I say seemingly because there are always solutions- you either remain complacent or you make a break for it.

Like most people, I have visions and dreams and get pulled back when negative forces flow into my world. That's a choice though, so why does it feel like I choose it? I want to think that there is good in people and tend to make excuses for behaviour that is less than satisfactory. Perhaps I should learn to take things at face value instead of interpreting them and reasoning.

On a brighter note, the Australian Fashion Week has started in Sydney!

I'll just skip over Wayne Cooper because not only do I not like his clothes (he seems to be stuck in his heyday), but I wouldn't support him as a person.

Camilla and Marc seem to be nodding towards the edgy, Balmain-inspired ware. I like their casual pieces, though their more formal look is dominated by too many angles and not enough flow. That's just my opinion simply because my body can't wear it. Having said that, I would look at any lass who chose to wear the below dresses and think either she was a model and can get away with it, or is fooling herself.

Bec and Bridge were impressive- I enjoyed their silhouettes and high-waisted zipped skirts. However, what was going on with their models? Half of them looked a little malnourished to me and the other half looked a bit 'blah'. Sexy detailing though B +B.

Ginger and Smart were the day one winners for me. Surprisingly so, as their show was a mix of sorts between Versace and Chloe (when Stella was behind the wheel). Kaftan-style dresses with killer shoulder detail, hot pink high-waisted pants, body suits and Willow-inspired necks! Oh my!



(Pictures courtesy of SMH)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails