Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Australian Fashion Week: Day 2

Well might as well pack up camp, Zimmermann have walked and now I could care less about those to come*.

I want to be their sister; the right angle can become a triangle. Surely my logic can be delivered to them somehow?

Sadly we have no family ties, which indeed forces me to purchase a Zimmermann piece every season or so (ok ok, I know where the factory outlet is, but that makes me savvy). Their ability to know the female body and as such, create truly tailorific garments, constantly makes me beam. Looks that scream 'sex' yet also 'class' are hard to pull off, though man do these ladies know how to kick it. Damn I ♥ you, Zimmermann.

As with anything I love however, there are always imperfections and Zimmermann does not escape. Some of their collection was a tad too 'Bondi', ie, the contradiction of glam beach girl who doesn't work and just seems to sit around and distress her skin cells. Due to the cut out intricacy of their design, I'm not sure if their swimsuits were meant for the laidback Australian lady or for their American market (they've shown at Miami Fashion Week several times). Funny tan lines they shall create.

Anyway, here are the items that caught my eye.

On a side note, the Zimmermann catwalk must have had some pumpin' music! Pictures suggest their models are about to take off and fly far far away, given the swing that those gals had swung.

Onto the man that everyone is talking about, Dion Lee and his debut collection.

Of course, when sitting in a King's Cross carpark where it is probably on the chilly side and no glam to speak of, you've got to work pretty hard to impress and be relevant. Touted as one to watch, this collection did seem to impress though in my opinion...it's a bit samey-samey.

I'm getting the blazer and space influence (I know, my references are out of this world- no pun intended) though do these clothes make me want to run out and scream 'Stockist! For pity sake, TELL ME?!' Nope, sadly not and it's funny because I despise exactly what Vogue are gushing over- cut outs and futuristic visions. I'm sorry Dion, you bored me.

Illionaire 'we're too cool for any damn M's', give me a high five. The Satoralist posted a picture of an adorable girl sporting a bow tie not too long ago and now Illionaire have gone and done it too. Ain't no one too cool for bow ties. Yessssss.


There were a few 'Is that a swimsuit or a dress?' moments, though generally I was loving the originality of this collection. With no preconceived ideas of Illionaire, I thought their work had the edge.

Yesterday also saw Arnsdorf showing. Lovvvvved it. Reminded me of APC simplicity. Which of course is a thumbs up from me.


Zambesi also showed today, though their collection didn't inspire any words from me.

*I kid, I kid. Respect to all, RAFW.

Pictures from Vogue, darlings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails