Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year = New beginnings?

I'm not the sort of gal to make resolutions. I think that if you wish to change something or improve upon a facet in your life, why wait until Jan 1st? Seize that thought and run with it; grab the iron will it took to muster up the adjustment and work on it, today.

Having said that, I do enjoy the possibilities of the new year. I enjoy people's cheer, the Summer heat, the holidays, the stuffing ourselves silly that perhaps make people momentarily optimistic. Being surrounded by that makes one naturally ponder infinite wonders. Afterall, where are we without our dreams?

I'm 7 days away from my dream, which has been almost 1.5 years in the planning.

I'll be landing at Heathrow airport, London next Thursday. I have lived in London previously, came back to Australia due to the expiry of my visa (and my sister's wedding) and have been trying to get back ever since.

After much sacrifice, sweat and tears, it all came together after so much anxiety (let me tell you). I'm just so excited to go to the city that makes me feel ALIVE, makes me feel like I can do anything, go anywhere and be myself. I have constructed a Google map of all my favourite places, plus new places I will check out. No doubt I will write about these in the upcoming posts.

So London my darling, grimey, old, fascinating bond of a city, I'll be seeing you soon.

What have you got for me this time? I shall await your suprises.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails