Friday, January 30, 2009

It's generally my philosophy to consume a little treat each day, typically in the form of a lovely little cake. Well, not so much a philosophy as a need. Uh! To fulfill this, I recommend a wee place named 'Primrose Bakery'.

Located in Primrose Hill and Covent Garden, this cupcake parading pastel palace for princesses supplies not only their cafes, but Selfridges food hall, Fortnum and Mason and Libertys.

Popping into the Covent Garden store, I tucked into the mini cupcakes, washed down with a hot English Breakfast tea. What a perfect afternoon, sitting in their comfortable booth style seating, my table adorned with delightful tea roses surrounded by shopping bags. It's the perfect stop off point after retailing your boots off.

And don't let the nasty economic downturn put you off this very feminine afternoon tea option- with their mini cupcakes priced from £1.15 for a mini and £1.75 for a normal sized cupcake, it is an affordable necessity.

Primrose Hill: 69 Gloucester Avenue, London NW1 8LD Tel: 020 7483 4222

Covent Garden: 42 Tavistock Street, London WC2E 7PB Tel: 020 7836 3638

1 comment:

The Girl said...

Ooooohhh I could feel my oestrogen skyrocket as I read this post. Tea and cakes? How positively delightful!

Starting to get very jealous. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails