Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Question 4

What gets you excited about life?

I could write a very long winded post about this, though to put it simply, my future gets me excited about life.

A friend once told me that I never lived in the present, therefore I was never happy in the moment as I was always looking ahead. I would say, 'I can't wait til this happens', or 'It'll be so much better when that happens'. Of course this is not the most efficient state of mind to always be in, though my dreamy complexities seems to waddle in the pools of future moments.

I look forward to things, and when they happen, I love them. Those things keep me distracted from the everyday things, which of course I know I am missing, though I'm sure if they were exciting enough I would be focused on them as well.

You follow?

I'm excited about owning and operating my own business one day.

I'm excited about meeting someone and having a family.

I'm excited about heading over to Perth to celebrate my best friends 30th birthday with her.

I'm excited about breaking 10kms on the treadmill in under an hour.

I'm excited about my twin niece and nephew growing up and being able to talk with me about life's little challenges.

I'm excited about the tomato plant in the backyard sprouting a harvest.

I'm excited about making chocolate gelato with my new ice cream machine.

I'm excited about learning to embroider.

And that's just the start of it.

2 comments:

mads said...

I'm excited to have friends that keep me feeling alive and happy!

Fancy a dance? said...

That's definately something to be excited about. It's inspiring.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails