Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bikes bikes bikes

How exciting to see all the bicycles out on the streets of Sydney! The fixed view that cyclists should be wearing lycra is out; step forward into the global city chic movement, and you'll be onto something.

My bike has been out of action for the past six weeks, and I miss her. More accurately, the little Tokyo Bike that could will be out of action forever. A car caused major damage and it's beyond repairs; suggestions for what to do with the amazing red Bisou frame are welcome. I'm thinking garden sculpture; the wheels would make excellent climbing plant stakes.

Last night was the first time I stepped on a bike, although I wasn't riding - I got a dink from housemate! It was slighty pissy and irresponsible, but fuck it was fun. I was terrified as housie's brown locks licked my face and I couldn't see the road, but it felt like we were time warping, back to school days of 1992. Sorry about the incessant snorts of laughter Gowrie St, Newtown, we just found it so funny that we couldn't steer straight and almost stacked it into your cars (several times).

I'll be heading to Tokyo Bike to order my spankin new wheels this week (below). What do you think? Imagine a basket like in the above picture, and I'm good to go, right? I feel like I've taken ten steps backwards in cycling confidence due to the whole 'two car's hitting me in two weeks' thing, but that won't beat me. Something has to give Sydney, and it won't be me.


Tokyo Bike CS in Mustard


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails