Monday, June 14, 2010

Canon woop.

'I tried taking pictures, but they were so mediocre. I guess every girl goes through a photography phase. You know, horses... taking dumb pictures of your feet' Lost in Translation.

...so said Charlotte, as she mused through life sipping her drink at a Tokyo Hotel bar.

She could be right, though I doubt when she went through her phase, that she had the awesome tools that I now have as I go though my photography phase.

Squeals of delight could be heard throughout Londontown when I purchased the beautiful Canon EOS 550D a few weeks ago.

After doing my research (flicking through some digital camera magazines over a flat white, browsing The Gadget Show's online site, and conducting a facebook focus group*), I decided that the Canon was indeed worthy of investment.

I've since been around the neighbourhood, snapping everything in sight. I'm preferring manual focus for now, though once I understand the science behind my camera, I'm sure I'll become accustomed with the other settings at my fingertips.

I almost feel unworthy, though I know CC and I will be mates for a while. I was even thinking of getting her a friend in the form of a tripod, to take steadier pictures.

Here's some test shots from our first couple of days together.
*Thanks to Patrick, Jess and Nat who told me to go for the Canon. I know you know your shit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails