Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bothered.

Forgive me if I offend anyone, though is anyone else extremely bothered by the constant media presence of Cheryl Cole, (soon to be Tweedy)?

I shamefully am aware that Cole will soon revert to her maiden name, because I read an inane article last week that referred to her divorce proceedings. And why did I drag my eyes across the 80-words of drivel found in a non-descript commuter-newssheet? Because it was there. She is everywhere. The woman who was considered the talentless one in that bubblegum girl group she is part of. The one whose accent screeches in my ears, though melts the hearts of the grannies who watch her judging a production-line 'talent' show favoured by the majority in the UK. The one who married a reportedly gay footballer, to cover- up her racist tendencies, evident when she physically assualted an African bathroom attendant in a London club. The very one that now features in adverts promoting haircare, and lip colour, whilst her family deal with drug addiction and criminal records. The one who drips herself in designer goods, though is let's face it, a bit of a chav.

My point is not to belittle this woman for being something that she is not; the majority of people who have some degree of fame are acting, playing their roles on and off the stage. I just find Cole/Tweedy incredibly irritating, both to listen to and to look at. She is considered by most accounts to be one of the most beautiful women in the world, though does this also look at the type of person she is?  Of course not.



Before/after the machines got to Cole/Tweedy

Cole/Tweedy was once a foul-mouthed trollop who got into slanging matches against Lily Cole and fancied a few gyrating moves in music videos. These days, the 27-year-old has some mighty good public relations backing her, probably on the request of her boss, Mr.Simon Cowell (who incidentally, has some major secrets to hide of his own). The cosmetic endorsements, talent-show judging jobs and album releases can all come to a swift halt, I say. Please Cole/Tweedy, crawl back into the hole where you came out of and give me some peace. You're really annoying, though to assign some blame elsewhere, I would also say to the British press, please don't give coloumn inches where inches are not deserved. Who cares about this Geordie woman? She is not befitting of your national treasure.

And yes, I do understand the irony of this post.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails