Thursday, May 6, 2010

Voting Schmoting

I've wanted to blog so badly lately; everywhere I turn, it seems there is inspiration for an entry. Could it be Summer on our doorsteps (sorry southern hemisphere, I hear it is chilly manilly at the moment!), or just the rad city I reside in? I think, a bit of both.

Time. Bloody time. It hold me back in what I want to do and share with you all. Time can suck.

So I resolve to find more time and just go for it. There is literally post after post I want to share!

The UK general election is today, and speculation of the winner is rife. No one seems to be able to guess a clear majority- I guess we shall see come 2am tonight/tomorrow morning. People have vowed to take power naps when they get home, and stay up for the results...we'll see how long that lasts.

I can't actually vote here, though I have kept abreast of the candidates policies. A lot of people have mentioned that they had no idea on whom to vote for, that they got into the booth and almost waved their hand around, waiting for it to land on a name. Is this a wasted vote? Most certainly. It's not compulsory to vote here (one should, I believe), though if you are going to, then shouldn't you know who you want to be your future leader for the next four years? One would hope so.

This time tomorrow, the UK shall wake up either with a new Tory government whose leader is a floppy-haired, public school educated conservative, or they'll keep their Labour government, led by a stout Scotsman, who comes across gruff, though apparently has a wicked sense of humour. The options are slim.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails