Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ebay vintage guide

I think it's quite normal to confess that not so long ago, I had an ebay problem. It would be part of my internet routine, and became as normal as checking my email or social networking accounts. Bidding on something, eventually winning was not the attraction (although I can see how it could be for so many people), it was the pull of a virtual op-shop, dutifully laid out for my enjoyment.

Vintage clothes shopping is one of my hobbies and I would estimate that a good 40% of my wardrobe was pre-worn at the time of purchase. I'm not afraid of vintage as some are, instead I like to imagine the history and stories that could be told if the little garment had a voice.


Ebay provides and feeds my vintage love and is never further than a few clicks away. For all the places I have lived, I have a few faithful sellers that are convient and close by. Here are some that deserve to be shared.

The model may be tiny, rendering it hard for one to imagine themselves in Maki's gear, though what gear it is! Careful, this store is not a secret so bids do run high.

Affordable, classic and not-so-classic. Always has really clear measurements and accurate photos.

It began here, and I loyally check in from time to time to see her wares. Not always fully stocked, though when she does it's generally pretty, girly and won't break the bank. She also packages up the goods in tissue paper and sends gorgeous hand written notes.

Whilst Tin Roof have some amazing things, the long auction periods and inevitable high bidding prices are a little off putting. Still, when you have the cash and want something you'll love, come here.

Options to bid or buy it now on some sexy, sweet and stuffy clothes.


There are loads more, like California Vintage Connect, Mill St Vintage and Meat Market Vintage though I don't want to fuel an obsession.

2 comments:

mads said...

Great guide! like I need more places to shop online. More poor bank balance xxx

Fancy a dance? said...

I know, it's becoming insane! Shopping in a global village doesn't account for diminishing funds :( xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails