Thursday, December 10, 2009

Comparisons

I feel so horribly inadequate. I know I'm only young and there is a lot more life to live, though comparisons are inevitable and Lord above, do I compare.

As I watch TV, I'm comparing myself to Kirstie Allsopp, right now. She's a bit amazing in my eyes, and has achieved so much at 35 years. I know she's had a small helping hand, what with her lineage and being deemed 'The Honourable' from birth, though she truly has achieved. TV career, amazing style, home, family etc etc. She also has a kitchen to die for!

I think I need to cast aside this emotional immaturity and grow up. It's a hard pill to swallow when you realise you are falling behind and you not being taken seriously is due to your own shortcomings. My answer is to always educate yourself further, be it through a school or a course; to better one's mind is to be one's self.

There are so many options, which contributes to a intolerance of life. I need a bravery coat to jump in at the deep end. Or a therapist. Oh such indulgence!

When I grow up, I want to be Kirstie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails