Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Yay for good books!

I was in a large bookstore yesterday, and as always I was overwhelmed with choice. As I wandered around perusing title after title, patience wained and I just wanted to find a tube book already!

Then BAM, it happened. Actually the BAM lasted about 30 minutes of wandering and neck turning and only then did I find The Easter Parade, by the darling Richard Yates. Having loved loved loved Revolutionary Road, I'm was so happy this book jumped out at me. Without even chasing it, without even seeing the author, I read the synopsis and then with every confidence, knew I had to buy it.

I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of green tea (I do tend to go for the serious, meloncholy types) though it is well written, concise, crisp, to the point and neat. Yes, it's a tidy read.

Thank goodness I've broken the bad book cycle.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails